Friday, June 09, 2006

Son Raw




Thank you, thank you, to all who've contributed to this humble site. As Ornette Coleman once said, "I remember once I read a book on mental illness and there was a nurse that had gotten sick. Do you know what she died from? From worrying about the mental patients not being able to get their food. She became a mental patient."

That has nothing to do with the Son or my appreciation. I just wanted to quote Ornette.

I've said before what I think makes Son different -- but here's another reason: no pinch-hitters. Everything that appears here comes from my head & hand alone; and your financial support allows me to go deeper as I can afford to spend more time thinking, writing, and screaming, the latter of which I do on a fairly regular basis. Scares the shit outta our cats, but those filthy beasts need to be kept alert and have their reflexes tested whenever possible. They've had it soft for far too long.

I'm gonna continue this little fund drive through the weekend, so if you like or respect what I do, just hit the PayPal button above my blogroll. Your contribution is equally valued. The response over the past couple of days has really lifted my spirits and inspired me to write write write. And I must thank Jumpin' Jon Schwarz for pimpin' my ride over at This Modern World, as well as at his space. As I've mentioned before, Jon's an Ivy Leaguer, and that crowd knows how to hustle and flow. Some of his sage advice finally cracked my hermit skull, and the result has been most fab. So thanks again Jon, and Mike Gerber, too. You know why.