Thursday, November 03, 2005

Tits = Psychos?




In an effort to justify to skeptical libs why they're joining Pajamas Media, a collective blog media enterprise filled with truly vile characters, The Nation's Marc Cooper and David Corn have turned to tits.

As Coop put it to a critic at his blog:

"But I really dont see why you should be concerned about my integrity or that of others. Take a look at the spanking ads in the back of The Nation, or the hooker ads in back of LA Weekly and the tobacco and alcohol ads in the front...take a look at the past editions of Playboy where my interviews with Napoleon Duarte, Oliver Stone and others shared space with the titties of Miss November."

Followed by Corn's response to James Wolcott:

"I look forward to a new Internet enterprise that seeks to promote varying views, even if the idea came from conservatives. And if James Wolcott, whose work I admire and respect, can bring himself to be associated with a magazine (which I admire and respect) that makes mucho bucks by placing Paris Hilton's jugs in front of our mugs, perhaps I can see if being associated with rightwingers will benefit this blog, my work, and my readers."

Now, I'm more a leg, ass and thigh guy, but even I wouldn't disparage a woman's breasts by comparing them to anti-Arab racists like Charles Johnson of Little Green Footballs, or pro-war ignoramuses like Roger L. Simon, or Iran/contra criminals like Michael Ledeen (who touts himself as a "terrorism expert," which is a pretty accurate self-description, though not in the way Ledeen thinks). There's a major difference between having your words printed in a skin mag or a mag that features scantily-clad celebs, and participating in an online venture dominated by rightwing subhumans of the foulest sort.

Coop, when not going the tit route, also strikes an "independent" pose, saying that unlike his critics, he can stand to be exposed to horrid opinions and hopes that his own output might sway the minds of those who post Rachel-Corrie-was-a-pro-Arab-whore-who-deserved-to-die comments at ChazJo's disgusting site.

Well, he's free to try. But given that Coop often shouts at those who criticize him at his blog, I wonder what he'll do when the LGFers come trolling.

Coop and Corn can play with whoever they want. But tits have nothing to do with it. Judging from the Pajamas line-up, I'd say that dicks are a more accurate description.